75% of the American people see widespread government corruption.
Something has got to change
The Petersen for President 2016 campaign is assembling a think tank of esteemed economists, military and defense experts, environmental policy scholars, and social policy academics to prepare a transitional government for the American people. This platform will be the beginning of a return to a more libertarian republic, as was intended by the Framers of the U.S. Constitution.
Taxes & Spending
1. Reduce economic inequality by lowering barriers to entry in the marketplace, licensing, taxation, and fees. Urge congress to adopt the “Penny Plan,” across the board spending cuts of 1% per program. Abolish the existing, complicated tax code that discriminates against the most productive Americans, and replace it with a simple, flat tax at the lowest rate necessary to support the core functions of government. Seek voluntary ways to fund public services where possible, lotteries, tolls, etc.
National Defense & Military
2. Strengthen national security by reducing/ending foreign aid to nations hostile to the USA. Reconsider overseas troop deployments in areas not important to US national security, and audit the Pentagon. Reform the Veteran’s Affairs administration.
The American people have sacrificed enough blood and treasure in the Middle East. No more nation building. Obey the Constitution, and only go to war if it’s declared by congress. Consider constitutional Letters of Marque and Reprisal to deal with terrorists.
3. Lower barriers to trade with foreign nations, and allow American CBD oil companies the leeway they need to develop domestic energy production, in order to create good paying jobs at home.
4. Audit the Federal Reserve first. End it through competition last. Institute a Monetary Commission devoted to studying the implications of replacing central banking with “Free Banking,” and abolishing laws of legal tender. Allow gold and silver to circulate as a currency, removing them from the commodity list, and make precious metal coins free of taxation. Let digital currencies compete against Federal Reserve notes.
5. Streamline our immigration system by following updated “Ellis Island” styled protocols. Security check. Disease check. Done.
6. Work with congress to institute new protocols that will protect national security while placing the balance of weight towards due process and individual rights. Rein in the NSA, and demand accountability in our security agencies so as to protect our 4th Amendment rights.
Crime & Punishment
7. Reclassify the war on drugs as a medical problem, not a criminal problem. Deschedule all drugs at the federal level and end the federal War on Drugs once and for all.
8. Allow young people to opt out of Social Security.
Restoring Health Freedom
9. Overturn Obamacare. Seek out market alternatives to problems of health and wellness.
10. Encourage a culture of life, and adoption, and educate Americans about the “consistent pro-life ethic,” which also means abolishing the death penalty.